Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Chev! Where are you!?

3 posters

Go down

Chev!  Where are you!? Empty Chev! Where are you!?

Post by Rack Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:25 pm

Nobody has heard from you in ages. Not that you've missed anything, but I hope that everything is okay with you.

Rack

Back to top Go down

Chev!  Where are you!? Empty Re: Chev! Where are you!?

Post by Chev Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:26 pm

My account ran out in end-aug and I didn't really feel there was a reason to renew it...playing on the beta for free.

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rack Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:37 pm

I can't say that I blame you, Chev...playing for free. Smile

Hope you come back though if we ever get ourselves together. Smile

Rack

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:00 pm

Well, I don't plan on returning for another 2 months until Wrath comes out. I am disappointed that there has been little forum activity these last few weeks. No effort to get anything together. There was a reason I was doing everything alone, and making all the calls alone, nobody else stepped up!
When I joined back before TBC, I was Ret and all I did was PvP and do 5-mans with you guys when they came up. Alot of the time I would go on raids with Storm Forged...it was interesting but I was no raider at the time.
I considered myself a hardcore-casual until I made these forums in April 2007. Maybe now I am a hardcore player in denial. Razz But I would rather raid with people that I can enjoy listening to in vent than have to tolerate it. Also, even though i'm usually on every night, I like to have a bit of flexiablity onto when I come on and when I log off. But the reality is, after you get to max level, and after you explore the 5-man instances, if PvE is your thing, then scheduled raids are the only way to go. I want to see as much content as possible. That keeps the game interesting. I found out something fairly important in my stint with the raiding guild on Arthas...gear is a means to progression. That is it's function and should not be thought of any other way. My stay in that guild was a good one, as I really got to utilize my Protection Paladin goodness on the raiding scale for the first time. I was well received, with the raid leader announcing in the middle of the raid that I would become the #2 tank while still a recruit. I did not leave on my own terms though. In March, I decided to quit raiding because the pressure of finishing my degree. I was planning to return here anyways after graduating and coming back from Hawaii. That guild was just not for me. Although it is the only 25-man guild I have ever found that does free-roll (and they really needed a prot paladin, that is why I joined) the guild atmosphere was just not there. Also, there was a BS rule they implemented that if you were >75% attendance you would get priority on loot over those with less on <75% attendance. This resulted in me letting a friend tank Hyjai while I did a paper one night. The funny thing is, he did just fine on waves of trash and they could not tell the difference. Really, it doesnt get much harder as you progress, even though thats what the high-end raiders want you to think. So, I came back here. What I have always wanted to be part of since pre-TBC was to be part of a small guild. A 20-man before TBC and a 10-man guild now. Wrath offers the best opporunity we've seen yet for 10-man guilds. But unforuntely, either we don't want to be raiders...or we do, yet nobody wants to put their full effort into making it happen.
I want to raid because it's more content. I was able to come back and do Karazhan with you guys in spite of my gear, because I had never really done Kara before so I was fine with running it. I got sick of Kara though, and was looking forward to raiding ZA, which I only raided three times, once being with you guys. Oh well.
Anyways, maybe things will change around here maybe not. But I do have a backup plan.
I have been looking for servers to transfer to, and have decided that if this guild does not change, I will moveover to Medivh-
Reasons being,
high population as opposed to low here
10 alliance guilds that have killed Illidan there as opposed to 5 here
Good realm forums as opposed to terrible realm forums here
EsT and PvE vs. PsT and PvP (no fun for a prot pally)
But I hope that we can raid here, because I would much prefer to stay here, and fulfill my warcraft-dream of maintanking for a small scale guild.

P.S Yes I did cancel the Ventrilo, I know that going down probably prompted this thread.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rack Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:22 pm

Well, Vent not working wasn't really what promted me to ask where you were; it was just one more indicator that WoW was on the back burner for a lot of ppl. Anyway, I really, really, really want to start raiding again. I can't find anything to do now, and there isn't anything to look forward to.

Please, everyone, lets try to get some type of set schedule. I realize that ppl are going back to school, but we should be able to work around that. Maybe we can't raid both Sat and Sun mornings, but we definitely ought to be able to do one raid per week! Smile

Rack

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezmac Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:21 pm

I agree with both Chev and Rack.

I agree with Rack that I would like to set a schedule and continue to raid, I agree with Chev about everything he said and have come to the same conclusion he did about a 10 man raiding guild.

I think it would be ideal to find 10 people that work well together and raid on a consistent schedule to gear everyone out and continue to see more content. I agree that gear helps you get to more content, but I think there are correct ways to play ones character and having 10 people allows us all to help each other do that and become great at our game.

I also think that recruiting for this 10 man guild is a good idea and I'd like to see it in Wrath.

Meanwhile, no one has been on in game and basically that sucks. I really only enjoy playing with all you guys I know, so I hope we can 1) set a schedule like Rack suggested and 2) plan to build an intimate guild focused on 10 man raiding in wrath like Chev described.

I could always join another raiding guild, but bleh, no one appreciates rogues Smile
Ezmac
Ezmac

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Grazny Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:58 am

Unfortunately, my personal and professional life has limited the amount of time I can spend in the game severely. I can only apologize for that and express my hopes that all will be resolved by the time wrath comes out. What is keeping me going is the prospect of climbing through the new content with you folks.

Ashley has been very sick lately. The symptoms of pounding face pain, headaches, and hand pain have returned and she has seen little time out of bed. Those times when she is feeling well I do my best to get her outside for something active. As much as I miss playing with her, her mental and physical well-being take priority.

That said, I contintue to keep my weekend mornings open during our old raid time on the hopes that we can get something together. This Sunday will be an exception to that, but I plan to be around Sat morning. Look forward to seeing you then!
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:18 am

I just updated all the stickies for Wrath...well which meant unstickying alot of them and removing outdated links...kept the EJ up there because it seemed like the authors would update the threads eventually.
Anyway I decided that for this cycle that I will be playing on Eonar-Horde with some RL friends...I powerleveled a Druid as my new main (Recruit a friend ftw duel-boxed it playing one char at a time...) who will be a balance and Resto Druid (duel spec ftw as well) The character's name is Cahu (prounced cow) so feel free to come over and say hi if you'd like.
As for these forums, they will remain...if you would like to have access to the control panel making stickies/forums etc. let me know.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rack Fri Nov 07, 2008 10:23 pm

Hey, Chev. Happy to hear that you've found some friends to do raids with. Smile We are still not doing much because everyone seems to have time commitments elsewhere, but we might actually have something going this weekend. Smile

Rack

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down