Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Mea Culpa

+2
Raptorsshado
Ezmac
6 posters

Go down

Mea Culpa Empty Mea Culpa

Post by Ezmac Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:30 pm

I would like to apologize to everyone in the Naxx25 raid yesterday. I'd tried to keep it together, but I'm afraid I lost my compusure and was generally grumpy trying to hold that shit together. I'm very very sorry.

There is no way I'm going to try to lead a raid like that again without knowing the intracacies of every fight. On that note, I'd rather not lead 25 man raids ever again. it sucked. alot. I'm happy to participate, and maybe we can share the roles: one for loot master, one for inviting and assigning assist, one for communicating to the group etc so that one person doens't have to manage it all.
Ezmac
Ezmac

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Back to top Go down

Mea Culpa Empty Re: Mea Culpa

Post by Raptorsshado Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:00 am

Agreed...that is alot for one person to have to handle. I appreciate you doing so and hopefully we can work something out so that you don't have to do so again. I'm open to helping with whatever we need.
Raptorsshado
Raptorsshado

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

Mea Culpa Empty Many hands make light work

Post by Grazny Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:44 pm

You did just fine, EZ, considering the insanity of that that 25-man.

This highlights an important consideration we need to address for each 25. It is not enough to assign party roles (heals, tank, etc); we must also assign responsabilities to organize the raid. While 10 guildies can get together and everyone has a feel for one another, pugging 25s will inevitiably bring together some folks who may not understand exactly where we are coming from.

It will better for everyone involved if we were much better organized when it comes 25s, but it is totally unfair, and unrealistic to have 1 person try to do it all.

I SUGGEST breaking up the onerous task of raid forming among a few people:

1. 1 volunteer for RAID LEADER. Responsabilities might include "hearding the cats", booting griefers, etc. This person would serve as the central communicator and would set the mood of the run ("quiet in vent, please", "what did we do wrong there?", "who is on duty X for this fight", etc).

2. 2+ volunteers to FILL THE RAID. They may want to recruit 1 or 2 more to help spam in different cities/zones and verify gear on prospective PUGs, using Armory (i.e. no greens, if possible). Perhaps they use a different Vent channel and communicate PUGing progress to the Raid Leader via guild chat?

3. 1 volunteer for MASTER LOOTER. The process for assigning loot should follow a standard procedure, everytime. The "Roll for Item X" should appear as a raid warning, and a 30 sec coundown (or whatever we think is reasonable) initiated. A "------------------" could be put in raid chat followed by the next set of rolls so that everyone knows why they missed out on a piece if they were too slow and can get a feel for the timing on future rolls.

4. Other duties? A HEALING LEADER, perhaps, to assign healing responsabilities and help the Raid Leader make post-wipe adjustments? We don't want things to get too complicated, but this might be worthwhile.

OK, so ALL of that is just a suggestion -- just some ideas to help elaborate each job. However, I think the 3 basic roles of RAID LEADER, RAID FILLERS, and MASTER LOOTER are probably a good way to start dividing up the duties. We don't want too many people yakking in Vent for this, so 3 or 4 is probably max. If the raid leader can simply say "We need to PUG a new mage" and know that people are on it, it will save on his/her patience considerably. Likewise, he can start getting folks ready for the next run while the master looter hands out the goodies.

Suggestions? Castigations?
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon^^ Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:18 pm

i'll be avail on this wknd provided u guys wanna do this 25 man
naxx. full pugs and all
I can tell frm experience guys leading 25 ppl in a single raid
is jst plain annoying and really test ur patience.
What it all comes down to is ppl being adequately geared and have exceptional skill in whatever they are doing. Raid Leaders help out those who are struggling and give constructive criticism on it.
Ez i think w/e u did that raid was perfectly fine. Its difficult holding together that many ppl as well as progressing thru naxx. believe me, i seen worse, lead worse, and bitched at ppl over vent. its rly stressing.

SOo lets do this 25 naxx this wknd!!
i'll volunteer to RL/ML/Heal Assign etc.
cyu this wknd!
brandon^^
brandon^^

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezmac Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:11 pm

I'm down for this weekend and excited to run a clean 25 naxx.

I think Graz break down is perfect and I suggest the following:

1) I can RL during the raid in terms setting the tone but I think Anto can RL as well because he knows the fights. I will research the fights however and be prepared to explain them. What we really need Anto's help on is:

2) I think Anto should primarily help fill the PUG because he is best equipped to understand raid make up and evaluate gear. That said, I'd like to keep 1-3 slots open for Monkeys who are undergeared but know how to play. Pulp did great and Veloce stepped in as a fresh 80 and was out-dpsing 6 folks without even being told how to do the boss fight. You get the drift. Anto if you need help please let us know how we can help.

3) Graz is ML

4) Besides that, Heals and Tanking should be assigned to folks. Anto makes sense for HL because of his experience. Graz, if you are going to MT, I'd like you to be in charge of explaining the tank strat to the OTs and therefore researching boss fights, if possible.

I will begin the sign up now in forum. I think I may also do a guild wide Calendar invite to all 80s and see what we get. I will make a caveat that you may get bumped for gear and make up considerations, but if you'r bumped we will run 10 mans with those who are bumped.
Ezmac
Ezmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginko Biloba Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:05 pm

I think this is a great strategy. I am willing to help in any capacity. Thanks for taking on the heavy burden last week Ez and hope this works to limit stress, spread around responsibility, keep a positive environment along with a more efficient run.
Ginko Biloba
Ginko Biloba

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by decerto Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:44 am

This sounds awesome, i'm also willing to help with anything you guys need!
decerto
decerto

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2009-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezmac Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:48 pm

I think ways that Bilo and Decerto can help is to research the boss fights online and be ready to understand and help others understand the Healing and Tanking responsibilities. Graz will likely be doing the same for Tanking, but he will also be loot meister.

Really, the best way to make the raid fun is to not wipe and that happens when more folks to understand the boss figths. If half of us know (or the well geared ones) then that helps ensure that only the less geared and ignorant die and then we can survive boss fights, notwithstanding explanations prior to the fight for everyone, Raid-wide.
Ezmac
Ezmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorsshado Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:30 pm

I'm down for anything you need help with guys. I realise that as DPS I'm not exactly in a position to be doing a whole lot as far as leading tanks or heals...nor would I like the responsibility of being in charge of the raid...but should you need someone as a marker or whatever, I'm down for it. or if you want, I can throw down markers on the ground to show standing positions or whatnot with my teleport move...it leaves a fairly un-missable target. but yeah...I hope that this weekend goes smoothly and I'll be there in any capacity that you need.

Later
Raptorsshado
Raptorsshado

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Grazny Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:31 pm

I'm willing to take on loot meister, but I'll need some help figuring out how best to manage that.

Does anyone know how to make something show up in RAID WARNING?
Grazny
Grazny

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon^^ Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:05 pm

ask for assist?
brandon^^
brandon^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Grazny Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:01 pm

let's assume I already have it. What is the command?
Grazny
Grazny

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon^^ Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:00 pm

/rw
type that into ur box
and it'll switch to Raid Warning
brandon^^
brandon^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Grazny Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:31 pm

Heh, and they say there are no stupid questions. Next time I'll use my brain.
Grazny
Grazny

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezmac Mon Jun 29, 2009 3:08 pm

ahhhhhhh....not stupid. wish I knew this last night...
Ezmac
Ezmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum