Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Arena Night

4 posters

Go down

Arena Night Empty Arena Night

Post by Grazny Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:14 pm

Currtenly Wild, Qwik, Veloce and I have agreed to try to meet Monday nights, around 6ish server for some Arena. Haven't worked out which teams or anything, so right now it's open to anyone who cares to join. 2v2, 3v3, 5v5, or rotations -- whatever. This is just a tenative schedule for all those interested in earning arena points to meet.

So, come on out Monday evening!
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Arena Night Empty Re: Arena Night

Post by hawktranny Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:50 pm

Count me in - I think this coming Monday should work me. I forget what the teams are arranged like; and I don't know if they're subject to change once Qaadr comes back, but there's no reason not to meet the minimum to get our points for arena.
hawktranny
hawktranny

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianil Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:40 pm

I'll do my best to make it on Mondays when I'm not working double shifts - which mean this Monday!!
Ianil
Ianil

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Karsis Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:00 am

Once I get to 70 and get some decent gear I'll be down with some arena action.
Karsis
Karsis

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Arena Night Empty Need new arena night

Post by Grazny Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:26 pm

Monday nights = very bad night for arena. This week, queue times were 15 min +.

However, I hope we can work something else out. For those of you not familiar with arena (I count myself one), consider the following:

1. Tuesday night Qwik, Hawk, and I ran 10 games 3v3 in about 1/2 hour and I earned about 350 arena points (dont know about the others, but I assume it was the same).
2. ~1800 points = purple chest/helm/2H weapon, et al.
3. So, if you can muster the manpower to do all three categories (2v2, 3v3, 5v5) every week, you have a 100% chance of CHOOSING A PURPLE every couple of weeks!

Compared to running an heroic instance or kara, where you only get a CHANCE to ROLL on a purple that MIGHT be something useful to you, the whole arena gig appears to me to me a much more methodical and reliable way to advance your character for those of us not married to the game. Additionally, unlike an instance run, you are guarenteed arena points even if you loose (not that we do much of that Razz ).

Consequently, I am very interested in setting times during the week for organized arena. Monday and Sunday nights are a no-no (queue times are no good on Monday, Sunday is guild "raid" nights), but hopefully we can work something out on another day.

So let's chatter about arena nights, especially b/w teamates, and get some purples.

Of course, the most important thing is figuring out a way to organize a set time to meet. Does anyone know of a way to post an Excel document on this website that we could all access, modify, and upload? That way we could all mark the times were were available and hopefully come to some sort of consensus time to meet. Perhaps another program would do the trick? Help me out here.

G
Grazny
Grazny

Back to top Go down

Post by Karsis Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:22 pm

Sadly my schedule at work is far too random to commit any one day during the week. But I would like to try some arena action if you guys feel like having a holy priest around. ^_^
Karsis
Karsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Grazny Fri Nov 16, 2007 9:28 pm

Of course, Karsis, you are welcome anytime.

I picked Tuesday night only because of an assumption that it will have the shortest queue times. Although we couldn't seem to get a team together this last Tues, the Tues before that had virtually instant queue times for Qwik, Hawk, and I.

Anyone think they can make next tuesday?
Grazny
Grazny

Back to top Go down

Post by hawktranny Fri Nov 23, 2007 1:41 am

Tuesday & Wednesday are the most practical days to arena. I think the method we have now works ok - where people who can make it just show up and try to get at least 10 rounds in. If we could people on 5 man teams, I think your earning potential is increased (5 mans count slightly more than 3 mans, which count slightly more than 2 mans). I'm not sure the extent to which the scoring was modified across the arenas by the recent patch, but I'm too lazy to look it up.

Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving. Look for me on Tuesday bounce
hawktranny
hawktranny

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Karsis Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:54 am

Sounds good, I'm definitely going to try for the Tuesday and I'll probably bug some folks for other days if I see them on during the week. ^_-
Karsis
Karsis

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down