Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

WotLK Beta

2 posters

Go down

WotLK Beta Empty WotLK Beta

Post by Relina Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:28 pm

Since I can't very well drag you all into Wrath of the Lich King's beta (much as I'd love to), don't lose heart! With the power of my MacBook, and my school major, I'm letting you come along with me as I discover Northrend. Nothing too major today, since I didn't play long, but hopefully soon I can delve deeper into the new expansion and see what it's really all about. For now, some eye candy:

WotLK Beta Loader1
(New loader screen!)

WotLK Beta Loader2
Anyone who doesn't recognize this man is getting kicked from the guild! ...no, not really, but we'll have to do a bit of Warcraft lore catch up for those not in the know.

WotLK Beta New_stormwind
Stormwind has a harbor!

WotLK Beta Stormwind_harbor
Did I mention Stormwind has a harbor? It's downright huge! So far mounts aren't allowed on the dock (they must not want it to get scuffed), and there's no plank to board the boats (you have to climb onto a log connected to the dock, then jump..and hope you don't fall into the water like I did the first time I tried), but we now have easy access to Northrend - and to Darnassus. FINALLY.

I also grabbed a few movies, so what you're about to see is my literal first trip into Valiance Keep. I edited it down a bit (mainly my getting lost trying to complete the first quest, and yes, I did report that), but it's mostly unedited. Especially when I finally tried out my pure holy spec, which is downright awesome now. Blizzard combining bonus healing and spell damage into the coverall spell power means my heals aren't quite as big, but I can easily grind by myself! I really like the new tweaks.

Also, I haven't been able to use it in an instance yet, but I got the new holy tree spell that gives me an AoE heal. It has a 40 yard range, so I can cast it on ANYONE and those around that person will be healed. ...it would be nice to have that for the fight with Prince right now...

In any case, I'll quit with the babbling. Just know that I highly approve of this expansion! Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PiBEtegkcM

Last edited by Relina on Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:55 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Needed to add in link!)
Relina
Relina

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Back to top Go down

WotLK Beta Empty Re: WotLK Beta

Post by Chev Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:11 pm

Good stuff! Good ambiance too
I like the new Holy Wrath, instant with a 3 sec. stun, might actually use it Smile
How much spellpower are you running with?

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:32 pm

993, or around there. It's nice. Smile
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

WotLK Beta Empty More video goodness!

Post by Relina Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:11 pm

Here are the movies I got yesterday. First up, a Death Knight gains a new steed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0xtXuO_7G4

This next one is Chev, Atherial, and Relina's first attempt at Utgarde Keep. Not shown are the masses of undead that die easily (I killed one with a holy shock and an exorcism spell), the first boss I didn't realize was a boss until it was nearly dead, and our two wipes on the last boss. The guy is seriously harder than Prince! Enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y3dEmO4OG4
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

WotLK Beta Empty The Nexus!

Post by Relina Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:51 pm

Chev, Etherial, you guys need to pick up the slack! (Okay, you more than anyone, Etherial!) I got in on a pug for The Nexus today, so be sure to take plenty of notes. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jwac8p97Pj4
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:56 pm

lol love the comments on the videos

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:05 am

I think I better reroll a priest since someone said paladin healing sucks. Wink

Some of the comments bother me, but the cooler people are coming out of the woodwork.
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down