Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The new beginning

5 posters

Go down

The new beginning Empty The new beginning

Post by Chev Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:48 pm

Alright i'm sure Ez will have alot to say but here are the current happenings.

1. The Guild Name
Danger Monkey is our current guild name, but as far as I can tell this is up for change. Ez meant it to be a placeholder but forgot to change it. Post your suggestions here.
We would need to reform the guild though.

2. The Guild Bank
My idea for the guild bank would be to put the 400-500g a wk. from a full clear of kara (all the de'd mats) into the guild bank vault. This gold would then be used for repairs. The remaining amount would be used to buy consumables for raids (such as healing/mana pots, oils, elixirs etc.)

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

The new beginning Empty Re: The new beginning

Post by Dendroydia Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:40 pm

Great ideas Chev...it might be best to buy mats for pots and things that our elixir and potion masters can make so that we can benefit from procs...just a thought.

On that note, I am in the process of created a spreadsheet of all Biloba's cuts and thought anyone can add to it for their own professions etc. I think you had just suggested this on OONB before the change.
Dendroydia
Dendroydia

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:48 pm

Ah yes it's still here somewhere with Cheve's JC recipes...what you say sounds promising Smile

Good idea with the mats, would need to compare mat prices with pot prices and also know who the masters are ( I have no idea)
I have a feeling theres not gonna be much left after repairs, but at least the guild bank will see some use Wink
Donations and a successful sale of the Hammer of Destiny I still have could help that.
Don't need to limit the gold to consumables either =)

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rack Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:32 pm

We also need to put items in it that ppl can use if they are leveling.

Rack

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:44 pm

Rackette wrote:We also need to put items in it that ppl can use if they are leveling.

hmm...I'm not sure if thats really worth it.
The first tab costs 100g, so each space comes out to be fairly valuable.
The next tabs cost even more.
So im not sure if low-level items would be worth keeping in the bank.
That's my opinion and im glad I no longer have the final say Cool

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezmac Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:48 am

I agree with Chev about cost effectiveness for guild gold used for raiding vs leveling. Raid clear cash should somehow be tied to repairing and raid food.

Leveling gold can be addressed by another method. Since leveling is generally cheaper than end game costs, we can try to set up a surplus method of gaining gold that can go to leveling. One idea I've been kicking around is thumbnail sketched below:

--------------------

Now that we have a number of end game professionals out there, I think we should try and start taking advantage of the virtual economy and guild-farm for gold.

For example, because I'm an engineer, I can farm primal water, air, mana and shadow fairly easily (but it's time consuming). Each of these sells from 20g-40g on AH. I also buy elixir's of major agi for about 50-70g/stack. It may be more advantageous for us to trade amongst ourselves for maximum profit.

The only way to work this out is to get everyone's professions in excel spreadsheets and then we can use each other.

It's a long term plan, but one I think we can use to our mutual benefit and to create surplus gold for the bank.
Ezmac
Ezmac

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:06 pm

I like it.
Another idea could be to have the guild bank willing to buy materials for up to 95% of the market price and sell the items back to an interested guild member for the market price. Skips the auction house, the seller gets just as much gold as if he were to sell for the auction house, and the buyer gets guaranteed market price on an item while the gold is going back to us instead of a random player.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:32 pm

A list of stuff that people buy would also be useful.
Everyone should have their shopping list of consumables for raids, theres also common mats for enchants and gems that could be stored.
This way, the guild bank can look out for good deals on items and store in the bank for everyone.
I'd say by the time we get something like this to full efficiency Wrath will likely be just around the corner (and we'll need to liquidate all the items before they lose their value)
But looking forward to Wrath having a strong guild bank system would really be nice, those first few months of Wrath will have a very active economy. Participation is important in this sort of thing...as long as the people controlling the guild bank has the proper information from guild members, you'll be going to the bank before the AH.
If you didn't know the guild contents and log (along with gmotd and guild info)
can be seen through the armory
http://www.wowarmory.com/guild-bank-contents.xml?r=Dethecus&n=Danger+Monkey
That way, there's the possibility of an offline exchange via the forums.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rack Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:53 pm

I'm confused again. Smile

We are only going to use the guild bank (gold and items) to support raiding?

Rack

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendroydia Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:35 pm

Rack - How I am interpreting this discussion is that the banking process will be a building one that will start off with an emphasis on guild raiding and eventually have the money/slots to diversify our concentration among different facets of the game, such as leveling, etc. I don't think Rack means to literally have gold available for leveling but just items such as stacks of leather for leatherworkers, cloth for tailors, etc. As Chev explained though, in the beginning each of those limited slots are very valuable as we won't be starting out with as large a bank as we left in the old guild. But knowing me, I could have this all wrong... Wink
Dendroydia
Dendroydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendroydia Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:43 pm

Hammer of Destiny...also rereading this post series I think it would be appropriate to send both Ianil and Relina, along with any other remaining OONB members who raided with us when that hammer dropped, their appropriate share of the proceeds. Just a thought.
Dendroydia
Dendroydia

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:47 pm

Dendroydia wrote:Hammer of Destiny...also rereading this post series I think it would be appropriate to send both Ianil and Relina, along with any other remaining OONB members who raided with us when that hammer dropped, their appropriate share of the proceeds. Just a thought.

That might be interpreted as a "slap in the face" but sure I will do that.
Gonna try to sell it tonight.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grazny Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:36 pm

I think it would be unethical NOT to give them their fair share of the gold/items. They were there, they fought their way through with us. Giving them their fare share of the loot is simply being honest.

How it is interpreted is beyond our control.
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Grazny Fri Aug 08, 2008 4:43 pm

I agree with Rackette that it would be nice to support new and growing toons with relatively rare items that would help them on the path to 70, and 375 in whatever professions they choose.

On the other hand, I think the cost of a tab goes up to something like $1000g after the 1st or 2nd. I agree with Chev and EZ that this large of a sum might be better spent elsewhere.

I would say that a tab for "miscellaneous" items, like a nice recipe for 220 ench, for example, or a few stacks of Heavy Clefthide Leather for LW armaments, should have a place in the bank, but that these things are not priority at this point. Shall we concentrate on supporting the raiding appetite for now with the idea that another tab will be made in the future for leveling items?
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum