Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

How To: Joining WoA raids

3 posters

Go down

How To: Joining WoA raids Empty How To: Joining WoA raids

Post by Relina Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:09 am

I realize that trying to register on Wraith of Azeroth's site is daunting (I'd not have figured it out so quickly if their guild master hadn't been there to walk me through it), so here's an easy guide to joining in on their raid runs:

Important!
Be sure to check this out first, it'll give you all the information you need to know on whether your character is prepared to join the raids.

How To: Joining WoA raids How_to6
How To: Joining WoA raids How_to7

How to Register

1.) The most important step is to log onto www.woalair.com. Once there, click on register:

How To: Joining WoA raids How_to1

2.) Now that you can log in, click on the Raid tab, which will then prompt you to log in again. Be sure to click on the right link to log in:

How To: Joining WoA raids How_to2

3.) Now that you're logged in to the raiding page, you need to create a character to join in on raids. To do so...

How To: Joining WoA raids How_to3

4.) Nearly there! You now have access to the raiding calendar.

How To: Joining WoA raids How_to4

5.) If you can attend a raid session, click on the pencil icon (on the corresponding date) to sign up for the raid:

How To: Joining WoA raids How_to5

That's it! Beyond this point all we can do is show up, and hope that we can join. I'm betting that as more of our guild is available to help with runs (including tanks, healers, dps, etc.), we'll have a better chance of getting to join in on the raids. From there we can decide whether to join up with WoA indefinitely or not...
Relina
Relina

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Back to top Go down

How To: Joining WoA raids Empty Re: How To: Joining WoA raids

Post by Karsis Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:24 am

I took a gander at the priest requirements +1000 to healing will be fun to come by! Though do you have any idea what "Proficient in undead crowd control (shackle/focus macros required)" means?
Karsis
Karsis

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Tue Jul 31, 2007 1:20 pm

Its dumb that they have a +1000 healing requirement, which may lead a member to actually wearing worse gear to achieve this mark. Don't pay any attention to it, there is no backing behind why they chose this number. In fact the 375 defense that is listed for tanking Druids isnt even enough to be uncrittable, they need 415. With undead control they mean shackle, which is very useful in Kara. An addon that tells you when it will expire would be useful, as you want to keep the guy controlled.

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:20 pm

Here's what the focus is:

Priest

As a priest, it can be very difficult to reshackle one add and to maintain healing on the tank at the same time. A simple macro can do the reshackle, you can push it between two heals every 5-10 seconds. Assume you had to keep Lord Robin Daris shackled all the time.
/cast [target=Lord Robin Daris] shackle undead

This will do the work and eases the fight a lot.

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:08 am

Karsis, when it comes time to get you ready, I can add an extra healing buff to your leggings, and Ianil's come far enough along in enchanting that she can put a lot of healing enchants on most of your gear. (Grinding the materials will be the annoying part.)

I always hated having undead shackled in UD Stratholme. I always had to be out of ranged of the shackled guy if I really wanted to bust loose with the undead smiting spells (holy wrath, anyone?), which more often than not wasn't possible. We'll see how it goes when the rest of us get to raid Karazhan.
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

Post by Karsis Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:36 pm

Thanks Rel! Is that leg buff a one time deal or do you have an item that can do it over and over again? And the materials shouldn't be too tough I enchant as well. Though not nearly as good as Ianil... yet. And perhaps the + healing won't be too tough. Just from a few of the Outland starting pieces already have me up to 200 or so spell damage. I need to catch Az more so he can help me level up faster. (The solo holy priest has to walk a loooong road to 70. ^_-)
Karsis
Karsis

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:13 am

It's actually a tailoring recipe I got from Aldor. You'll probably get it too (unless you choose Scryer), but I can always do it for you while you're leveling your tailoring. It calls for Primal Life, like most healing buffs. (Always the life motes! Bah.)

You really do need to poke me when you want to work on leveling your priest. I'll do whatever I can to help speed up that run to 70.
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down