Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Ulda Run this Sat or Sun?

5 posters

Go down

Ulda Run this Sat or Sun? Empty Ulda Run this Sat or Sun?

Post by Ezmac Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:14 am

Just trying to get some feedback on whether we want to try and run Ulda this Sat instead of Naxx or Sunday again like this past week. We can then run Naxx either on the other day or the same day if folks have time.

Thoughts?
Ezmac
Ezmac

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Back to top Go down

Ulda Run this Sat or Sun? Empty Re: Ulda Run this Sat or Sun?

Post by brandon^^ Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:28 am

my work schedule resumes this week
after that crazy b-day wknd.

umm saturday i can do naxx. sunday i can be on for 3hrs tops.
ulduar i wont be able to as i will be doing it
with bunnies earlier that week.
brandon^^
brandon^^

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Post by qwikzotik Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:33 am

In for Ulduar on Sat or Sun (or whenever after 7pm server on weekdays). Naxx can bite me until further notice.

qwikzotik

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-09-13

Back to top Go down

Ulda Run this Sat or Sun? Empty Ulduar

Post by Fantasi Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:30 pm

Well, now that graz is back we'll have 2 healers for ulduar while still allowing me to tank. So if graz is up for the attempt i'd be psyched to try and push into ulduar. I'm kinda with qwik in that naxx is pretty much just a gear zone for our lower geared players, and even then people like rack are almost done, she needs one item, so the incentive to slug through it every week doesnt make sense to me. Maybe alternate weeks or something. Dunno. Also, I talked to rayne and hes up for doing ulduar instead of naxx. But again, this is all contingent on having a second healer or a graz tank to go past the first boss, since if graz isnt there i'd be forced to tank thus taking a healer slot etc etc. But hell, maybe bilo could make it next week like she did this week.

Fantasi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezmac Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:00 pm

I still need my MH upgrade from Naxx so I will keep going until I get it. Also, I know I don't raid simply for gear. I enjoy a smooth run and hate a shitty one like this past week. For that reason, I'd like to see our experienced players run Naxx full clear together fast and efficiently. If Fant and Qwik won't run it anymore, I know that I'm dissapointed, but I'll be running it...hopefully with the guild and not a PUG.

It doesn't sound like we have a preference for a day for Ulda yet so I'm going to start signup lists for both.
Ezmac
Ezmac

Back to top Go down

Post by qwikzotik Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Honestly, Ez, I don't want to go again for awhile for several reasons:

1) This past week's run: All this complaint about the "shitty" run is offputting to me. It was my first time MTing three of the wings - I had MTed the mop up the week before (one boss and Sapph and KT, I think). I don't have all that content down pat with respect to MTing. If it is a problem for me to take the time to pick it up, then I shouldn't be MTing.

2) Gear: Perhaps it is childish, but I *do* run, at least in part, for gear upgrades. I am unhappy with the rate at which my gear is improving, and it is frustrating. I should not be playing content if it is going to frustrate me.

3) Repetition. I like running with the members of the guild. It's why I play WoW. If I had to play with total strangers again, I would probably leave the game. But the content is stuff I've done several weeks in a row. Ulduar is new, and, for that reason, exciting content. I had more fun on the Flame Leviathan run on Sunday than I've had the last 3 Naxx runs running. Given that, per Fantasi, there is very little trash up to the next two bosses in Ulduar, there is alot of farming to be done in there. New content = fun (at least for me).

This is not to say that I'm not interested in ever running Naxx again. For example, I hope to run it by June-ish with a fully leveled Cyclona to get some healing gear. And I'm sure I can be swayed to be a fill in if/when needed. But I no longer want to commit to being there week in/week out.

/end rant

Last edited by qwikzotik on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:54 pm; edited 2 times in total

qwikzotik

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2007-09-13

Back to top Go down

Ulda Run this Sat or Sun? Empty run

Post by Fantasi Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:15 pm

I LOVE running with people, thats not what I was implying. I am by no means 'in it for just the gear', and I dont think anybody could possibly say that about me with how much I run people through stuff. However, you say you want our most experienced geared members running Naxx, why? Why not just run Ulduar instead? My biggest problem with Naxx isn't the lack of gear, its the ease at which we do it. Its not WILL we get it down, its when, and when all our best people are on its cake and we might as well be watching tv with how smooth it is.

My favorite part of doing the raids is advancing and pushing ourselves. And so I'm excited about Ulduar, because its again a challenge, a learning experience. Like I said, Naxx will always have a place, for alts, people to practice their healing/tanking/dps rotations etc, but thats its place. It SHOULDNT be smooth because to have a new tank learn to tank or gear up, they should be tanking, not having me or graz tank for them so they can get tanking gear. And that'll cause wipes and won't be as easy, but thats sorta the point. Having 7 super geared people get on every week to carry a couple alts through content doesn't help anyone, since when it comes time for them to use that gear they'll still be like 'how do i tank this guy, how do i heal here'.

And maybe that is just me wanting to push onto the newer bigger stuff, to see endgame content WHILE its current. I'll still tank/heal through those naxx raids when I can, but I just think we should move on instead of farming easy content forever.

Fantasi

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezmac Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:14 pm

I'm suggesting we raid both.

I've added sign ups for both, I've got both Anth and Fant down for Ulda on whatever day we decide is best. I will continue to wake up at 7 server (hate that, lol) both Sat and Sun to run on both mornings with the hope to run both Naxx and Ulda and hope others will as well.

Apologies if I invited each of you, Anth and Fant, to defend your decisions to not wanting to raid Naxx primarily anymore. It's your preorgative, no worries. I'm personally saddened by it, but only to the extent that I believe, rightly or wrongly, that we need you for a smooth run. Maybe I'm wrong, I hope so, because I don't think any of us dig the PUG lifestyle.
Ezmac
Ezmac

Back to top Go down

Post by brandon^^ Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:10 pm

quite a mouthful.

i find myself agreeing on both sides, altho
i push for ulduar more as qwik and fant say new stuff = more fun. and a hgher learning exp
, my avail for it will be
hard to come by..especailly with bunnies making me
a permanent healer for their runs.

the intention of naxx was the chance to raid with u guys
becuz quite honestly i miss u guys as well as the ever amusing vent chat. i will try to open p my avail as much as i can.
i'll be up at 7am ST to c whats the GP and go frm there Smile
brandon^^
brandon^^

Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Back to top Go down

Ulda Run this Sat or Sun? Empty ULD

Post by Decerto Wed Apr 29, 2009 2:47 pm

I'm good for either or both runs on sat, Sunday I wont be on as long, until 11 server time.

Decerto

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorsshado Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:11 pm

I can't make it either day I think...pretty sure I have to work Sad
Raptorsshado
Raptorsshado

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Oph Fri May 01, 2009 12:31 am

Well, I'm interested in both Naxxramas and Ulduar. I'd like to keep running Naxxramas so as to practice it and to not be a fail-lock, especially since I have yet to survive Heigan the Unclean and I've never defeated the Four Horsemen before. Plus I like to help get guildies geared, and I could use the experience for when (someday) I have an alt who goes to Naxx. But at the same time, better gear upgrades and more, new challenges await us in Ulduar. Running Ulduar will bring us closer to being able to run Icecrown Citadel, whenever that comes out. And I do like to see new things Very Happy. I normally work on Saturdays so I don't see myself being available then, but I am available Sundays. Also, I'm interested in trying out Malygos, so maybe I should set up something in the calendar for it.

Oph

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down