Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Using KTM on a Mac (Important for the entire guild!)

4 posters

Go down

Using KTM on a Mac (Important for the entire guild!) Empty Using KTM on a Mac (Important for the entire guild!)

Post by Relina Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:15 pm

I know at least Chev will recall the last month I was able to play the game that I was having frame rate issues on my MacBook. I had suspicions that the recent AddOns may be to blame, but I never thought to disable them because frankly, they're very handy. (I love KTM a lot. It gave me good reason to tell Ianil to stop pulling aggro.Laughing)

Anyway, back to the reason of this post, I was checking out the Mac forum on WoW's site to read up on the new patch (specifically the new patch that allows for Macs to make movies natively) and I came across http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2041161741&sid=1. Specifically the first comment,
KTM really kills G5 performance. Omen is a replacement.

Of course I'm still trapped in the apartment of the evil filter, so I can't actually test out Omen at the moment. I am curious though if any of our PC-loving members have any experience with the AddOn. For sure I'll tackle Ianil later and ask her to look into it. We Mac users need to stick together, and I know she has major frame rate/lag issues in Shattrath City alone.

Thoughts? Opinions? (And no, I'm keeping the MacBook. I need it for my major, and I really do prefer OSX to Vista.) Wink
Relina
Relina

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Back to top Go down

Using KTM on a Mac (Important for the entire guild!) Empty Re: Using KTM on a Mac (Important for the entire guild!)

Post by hawktranny Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:00 pm

As you can see, not a busy day at work...

Don't know about Omen. Never heard of it.

And as far as needing a reason to tell Ianil not to pull aggro, you'd think that would sort itself out in a brutally Darwinistic fashion all on its own.
hawktranny
hawktranny

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Back to top Go down

Using KTM on a Mac (Important for the entire guild!) Empty Re: Using KTM on a Mac (Important for the entire guild!)

Post by Relina Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:27 pm

I'm going to do some research later as well, provided I'm not banned from such places. (This filter is so hit-and-miss. Technically I shouldn't be able to access this forum, and yet here I am!)

And I don't like dragging Ianil's corpse through instances, much as I joke about it. A downed mage means a huge hit to how much dps the party can deal. It makes life interesting, to say the least. Someday I need to show you guys the gag comic I made to honor the sacrifice mages make for the team. Laughing

Update: http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Omen

Sounds like Omen does work with people using KTM, so if anything we Mac users will swap to Omen and still be able to 'play nice' with everyone still using KTM. Man! I wish I could test this out for myself.
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:45 pm

I have heard great things about Omen, but have been too lazy to DL it. It's KTM except it works correctly on multiple targets =p Yah, should probably dl it.

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:08 pm

I want everyone to dl this addon, use the link above and go down to the bottom and dl omen.zip.

Using KTM on a Mac (Important for the entire guild!) WoWScrnShot_100407_160458

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:25 pm

You're welcome. Very Happy

(I did find a way to get the new patch, I now have Omen added...all I need is stupid access to the game! I think I'm going to pester CableOne some more, because this is truly beyond lame.)
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

Using KTM on a Mac (Important for the entire guild!) Empty addon?

Post by Grazny Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:52 pm

Hey Chev, what's the name of the addon with the groovy heads up display that you use? The one that shows your mana and health around your toon.

Also, do you point and click? The setup of your buttons suggests so. In any case, mind telling which addon allows you to configure your buttons so?

Thanks,

Graz
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:45 pm

The hp/mana is ArcHUD
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/2258/
I pretty much cant play w/o this addon anymore, its very nice.

Bartender3 allows you to customize your buttons.
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/5653/
Yep, I click everything that isnt on the normal hotbar.
I gotta disable the addon when I wanna heal for arenas the way I have it set up =p

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down