Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

New Recruits

3 posters

Go down

New Recruits Empty New Recruits

Post by Grazny Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:23 am

So my sister's "guild" may be disintegrating soon, leaving her and 3 of her friends looking for a home. Three of them are level 53-58, new players (first characters), considerate, and mature (40+, I believe). Normally I wouldn't hesitate to /ginvite all of them, but she described the 4th, a 70th level, as "young and annoying".

The beauty of this game is that we can always boot someone who turns out to be a jerk, so my plan is to explain to these guys in a group our general, unspoken guidelines about tolerance and overall goodwill, and invite them into the guild.

Really, I'm not worried about my sis and her old fogie friends, and I feel like we have little to loose giving the 70 a chance. Honestly, I don't think our guild would provide a "l33t uber hardcore" 16-year-old with the kind of nonsense that would engage him/her for long anyway.

They have yet to decide that leaving their old guild is what they want to do, but I wanted to make sure that everyone knows the story and doesn't think someone is indiscriminately inviting punks into our coven if new names show up in the guild.

My sister's name is Rackette, a busty Dranei huntress, so if you see her on, give her a /pick.

G
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

New Recruits Empty Re: New Recruits

Post by Relina Sat Oct 20, 2007 6:01 pm

Ah, joy, young and annoying... From past experience, I just flat out tell people what we do and do not do in the guild (no panhandling for gold from other players in the guild especially), and people either behave or leave. It saves a lot of unnecessary drama.

What's happening to your sister's guild? It's always unfortunate when guilds die, but if they're still wanting to play and don't mind us being a bit more laid back, I'm all for more people. We need more ladies in the guild anyway. Wink ...then again, you might need to gag Wildellia if they do join.
Relina
Relina

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Grazny Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:34 pm

Gagging Wildellia would be analagous to blindfolding the Mona Lisa. Of course, females may have other perspectives. I think the guy is a riot.

Don't know the details of my sister's guild, other than I've been trying to get her out of it since she started playing in August. Seems there are points at which some guilds must adapt quickly or face extinction. At 5-10 active members, her's appears teetering on the brink.

I'm still trying to talk her into joining OONB, with or without the others, but also respecting her sense of loyalty. Hopefully it will work itself out soon.
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:28 am

Oh, don't get me wrong, I find Wildellia hilarious too, but I also know I'm safe from him because of the age gap. Your sister and her friends are more in his field, so he might become very happy indeed. Laughing

I remember what it was like recruiting Ezmac back in the day. If the guild does crumble, I bet it will be a lot easier to get her to come over. Just let her know the guild is there should she want to join, and hopefully she'll decide on what to do.
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

Post by celiac Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:07 pm

I have finaly gotten around to getting an account with OONB and i just want to say thank you for bringing us in to your guild. I was one of the three from rackett's old guild. I have gone threw a few guilds now and i must say this is by far the better of the bunch. To inform those who don't know what happend in our last guild, our guild master decided to reroll horde without saying anything to the guild. So for a few days we where not sure where he was. One day he gets on and tells everyone that he feels like he wasted a bunch of time on our server and that we should start chars on a new server with him... of corse that went no where. The final message of the day that we got was "Bye everyone" and then that was the end of Solace.

So once again thank you for bringing us into your community and I will do my hardest not to let anyone down!

Oh and FYI dont bring up our guild master to Fiashow...she is a little bitter towards him and is not affriad to let you know. But if you want a good laugh then by all means ask her about him hahaha.

See you all in game!

-Celiac-
a.k.a Ceilling Fan
celiac
celiac

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:34 pm

Ugh, I hate when people decide that rerolling on another server is the way to solve their problems. Heck, I'd have left Dethecus forever ago if I thought that would work (and I have rolled horde and alliance on other servers), but I was able to find awesome people after all, and even more, make something of it. I just hope more people don't keep dropping their guilds like that, but it seems to be a major problem.

In any case, I might be curious enough to ask, but in the meantime welcome! I hope to get to associate with you all this next week before I return to the land of the Evil ISP. Wink
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down