Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Consolidate these threads

2 posters

Go down

Consolidate these threads Empty Consolidate these threads

Post by Rack Mon May 12, 2008 10:25 am

Dear Abby,

Okay, I've read several threads regarding raids, raid times, ppl who want to raid, optional times, ppl who go to church, ppl who don't go to church, ppl who work late, ppl who work early, ppl who go to school, ppl who don't go to school, etc...
However, I can't find the one that acutally gives me any facts. This could be because, sadly, I have realized that I'm in a guild with ppl who seem to think being out of bed before noon is a good and healthy (*rolls her eyes*) thing and, as a result, my brain shut down for a brief, but ever so important, length of time. During this ever so important length of time, I undoubtedly skipped right by the place that held the facts about a set raid schedule. Could you, dear Abby, please tell me what to do and where to look? There must be a more effective way to post 'decions' that have been made....or has everyone, other than myself, not had a problem finding this stuff?

Sincerely,

Longing for Late Nights and Later Mornings (Rack)

Rack

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Consolidate these threads Empty Re: Consolidate these threads

Post by Relina Mon May 12, 2008 1:44 pm

Dear Longing for Late Nights and Later Mornings,

I too used to be like you, staying up all hours of the night, then dragging out of bed much later the next day. I can tell you that changed when I finally got a job, and that I (like many of those in the guild) prefer going to bed at a reasonable hour so that I am awake and alert the following morning. Given my physique compared to that of some of my gamer buddies who still go by my old lifestyle, I have to say the benefits of 'early to bed, early to rise' are worth more than staying up all night.

Anyway, the thread of most importance can be found at https://monkey.niceboard.com/general-discussion-f1/go-here-raiding-times-that-are-right-for-everyone-t148.htm. However, due to only a limited response, the minority caused ruling for the majority. Raid times have been decided for 8-11 a.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.

If it's any consolation, there are people in the guild who live in time zones even earlier than yours, and they are more than willing to wake early to raid. If they can, I think you can. Wink If not, stick to your ways, and someone else will take your place in the raids.
Relina
Relina

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rack Tue May 13, 2008 2:47 pm

First, I would like to say that I wasn't criticizing or judging, and if I gave that impression, I apologize. Secondly, I went to the thread, and I still don't see where it actually states the times and dates. It simply says that they have been decided. Also, are we going to be raiding every weekend, or are we simply saying that if we decide to do a raid, it will be on a Sat or Sun and start at 8a server and end at 11a server? If we have enough ppl available, I think we should do a raid every weekend or we will never get anywhere. These are just my questions, and I'm sure everyone else also has their own preferences.

Rack

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Tue May 13, 2008 7:24 pm

Oh no, I found it amusing. I used to read Dear Abby all the time (until her daughter took over, who I don't really enjoy as much, if at all), so seeing your format amused me a lot. You won't be able to find everything since some of this was decided between Chev and myself over IM, working with what few people had replied with in regard to times, days, etc.

So far the raids should be every Saturday and Sunday, starting June 1st. After the initial run, we'll probably have signups for each weekend. I'm assuming that whoever signs up for a Saturday raid would also be in the following Sunday raid as well, unless something comes up. In any case, we're still in something of a test stage, seeing how well the initial run goes, and going from there.
Relina
Relina

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Rack Wed May 14, 2008 7:14 pm

Sounds good Smile

Rack

Back to top Go down