Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Attumen the Huntsman (first boss in Karazhan)

3 posters

Go down

Attumen the Huntsman (first boss in Karazhan) Empty Attumen the Huntsman (first boss in Karazhan)

Post by Chev Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:25 am

http://www.ampwow.com/wow/viewNewCreatures/15550-Attumen+the+Huntsman.php!default=strat

Key points: Offtank picks up Midnight, hes not aggressive so we can setup as much as we want before hand.
At 95% Attumen spawns and one of the tanks picks him up and drags him away from the offtank and the raid.
At 25% they merge and a tank takes him. Facing away from the raid.
Mages and Druids need to decurse.

Last edited by on Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

Attumen the Huntsman (first boss in Karazhan) Empty Re: Attumen the Huntsman (first boss in Karazhan)

Post by Chev Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:03 pm

Discussion of Attumen fight.
http://sketchcast.com/view/PMq1bde

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Attumen the Huntsman (first boss in Karazhan) Empty Re: Attumen the Huntsman (first boss in Karazhan)

Post by hawktranny Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:07 pm

I think it's also notable that our best working strategy here was to have pulpable tank midnight - dps midnight down to 95%, have chev tank attumen when he spawns, dps move onto attumen once he appears, and chev tanking the combo boss when they merge at 25%. For some reason, we couldn't do it keeping dps on midnight. There may or may not be a reason for that, but i dunno. scratch
hawktranny
hawktranny

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Back to top Go down

Attumen the Huntsman (first boss in Karazhan) Empty Which way is best?

Post by Grazny Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:52 pm

Noticed significant differences between the way we tanked the first boss and the way the audio discussion strategy outlined above. Differences I noted:

1. We were much further up the tunnel. We tanked midnight where he stood, and tanked attument where he spawned. Seemed to work for us

2. Did we move pulp away from the Huntsman after he merged? According to the discussion, the Huntsman always charches the furthest player, and suggests positioning the OT behind the clothies -- even if he just stands there for the remainder of the fight.

Whether we need to incorporate these changes is probably a matter of efficiency. In the future I imagine we'll work our our own method that may or may not make use of these suggestions.

Finally, perhaps the failure to keep Pulp alive when he tanked midnight was the scrub we were using to heal him? That was literally Graz's first tree healing ever and he's learned a lot about Nature's Swifness and Swiftmend since then. I seem to remember him panicking a bit at one point suspisiously close to the time Pulp dropped. Maybe we wont have to do the tank shuffle next time if he can better harness his truly awesome healing prowess, or if someone else is doing it altogether (we can only hope).
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:35 pm

We're gonna make it easy and I'm going to tank both on Sunday. I'll have my full mitigation/uncrushable gear instead of my spelldamage gear (cause i needed to take the extra damage for mana) and it'll be a good warmup for Moroes. This also allows Grazny to don kitty-cat gear for this fight.

I dont know if Pulpable was taking too much damage or the healers just fell behind cause they werent used to the damage but I didnt wanna take any risks so thats why we did it the way we did.

There are many different strategies and its important to find the one that works best with what your group.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down