Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Karazhan 10/7

+3
Grazny
Relina
Chev
7 posters

Go down

Karazhan 10/7 Empty Karazhan 10/7

Post by Chev Sun Oct 07, 2007 6:47 pm

On our second attempt we looked like a veteran raid clearing to and killing Attumen
He dropped:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28508-Gloves of Saintly Blessings (Grazny)
and
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28453-Bracers of the White Stag (Grazny)

The clearing to Moroes was quick and efficient except for one mis pull, where we survived somehow (great job!)
We were not able to down Moroes, closest we got was down to 18% or so.
But with the improvement on the Attumen boss, it is looking good for next week that we'll make a push for Moroes and go on to Maiden.
Pots, consumables, wizard oil, enchanting your gear well and such can make a difference in a fight like that. The execution was for the most part good, except for an occasional mishap. This is where improving your stats can help.
Offtank needs to make sure he has secondary aggro.
Garrotes need to be called out!
Healer should have ss, I cant do much with an ss, if im dead, no way i get aggro back after ressing...a few ppl will die by the time i can.
Key to this fight is the offtank needs to have secondary aggro, dps needs to be reasonably fast, and both the tank and the offtank need to survive. It is hard to do w/o one.
There was one case where Grazny died and I got garroted, this actually helped since the garrote got me out of the blind and gouges relatively quickly.
The prot war died on occasions which was unnecessary, he deals about no damage and gives me the added benefit on knocking me out of blind/gouge. It is also a waste of precious dps to be using on Moroes. I want everyone to ignore the prot warrior if we do it again, even while Moroes is vanished.
If we get an MS warrior in the future he is an exception and will be cc'd throughout the fight.

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

Karazhan 10/7 Empty Re: Karazhan 10/7

Post by Chev Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:36 pm

The lineup
Chevalier
Grazny
Ianil
Relina (Karsis)
Wildellia
Hawktranni
Ezmac
Rvakilla
A Rogue (pug)
Cantrell (holy priest, pug)

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:13 pm

When I asked Cantrell if he had dc'd, he put me on ignore. Nice guy.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm

Lovely...sounds like someone we'd do better not to ask to raid again. More incentive to get Karsis leveled when not raiding. And when is Veloce supposed to return? I'm not the one healing at all right now, but his moonkin bonus makes Relina's healing skills more than amazing. Heck, if Veloce returns soon, that has to mean Qaadr's also returned, so then we'd need to start the campaign to get our other holy paladin back. Very Happy
Relina
Relina

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:57 pm

me thinks Veloce would be a good candidate for temporary resto status pirat
He was before BC and im pretty sure hes got a set for it

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grazny Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:17 am

I want to apologize for not fully comprehending how critical the offtank's job was vs. Moroes. The video I watched previously was more healer-oriented, and did not explain the OT roll well. I got confused thinking I was supposed to offtank the X and then sorta keep up aggro on Moroes and AOE the rest of the mobs. I was also trying to bring my mana into play during the fight by shifting and healing, innervate, etc. Next time, I will pull aggro on one of the adds for rage generation, then focus all my attention on building rage vs. Moroes, with only an occasional AOE swipe. Unfortunately, this means no innervate for the healer, but hopefully he/she can work around that.

I also note that the Wowwiki strategy calls for 1 dpser to stand practially on top of Moroes. Apparenlty he blinds the closest player, and it is best to sacrifice dps for a few seconds than to have the tank blinded and Moroes running amok in our backfield.

As for the Cantrell deal, I whispered his rogue friend (Tryten, was it?) a "thanks 4 the run" and he responded cheerfully that it was a good time. However, he also explained that Cantrell felt that our guild leader was "arrogant and needs to learn how to listen to suggestions from other players, especially those that have successfully run Kara before". I can only assume some sort of private exchange was whispered b/w Chev and Cantrell because I remember nothing of the sort. Conversations under fire can be heated and terse, especially when four different people are telling the guild leader what to do. I pass them along only to help explain Cantrell's behavior, not to justify it. Only Chev can ascertain whether Cantrell's complaints have merit and whether it's worth trying to coax the guy back sometime for another run.
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Mon Oct 08, 2007 11:51 am

Yah he wanted to use cc and I said no, that was the end of that. I saw no reason to change strategy to the traditional strategy. Doing it the way we did it took out alot of variables on what could go wrong (cc breaking early, killing cc'er...then your in trouble) and simplified the execution this way.
If there was a real reason to switch strategies and if I really felt we could not do it the way we were I would of switched. But my gear is good enough to do it that way and for the most part I thought it was fine.
This guy's gotta learn sometimes that ideas will be rejected.
Sorry about the symbol confusion Grazny, I think I told you beforehand what you were to do but apparently I wasnt coming out clear. In the future I will type everything to make sure that nobody misses what is said.
I asked a friend how long it took him to do Moroes and he said a week of raiding meaning 4 or so nights of attempts, and probably multiple attempts of reclears, and his guild got pretty far (before they disbanded because there was no chemistry) so getting him down to under 20% was pretty good for a first round of attempts id say.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:19 pm

Ah, the arrogance thing again. That's the main trouble with pugging people is that they don't necessarily know how the guild works. I'd never think of anyone in the guild being arrogant, but I've played enough with you to know how you all work. Some people also just don't understand that they're not being shot down because the one in charge is a heartless raiding machine, but because the person knows what they're doing. It's getting everyone else to do what they need to do that's the trouble.

I don't know... I say invite the rogue along again for later runs if he's needed. Maybe if he has some good sessions with us he can clue the priest in that he was wrong in assuming Chev was being arrogant. (I'd have thought voice chat would change misunderstandings in the game, but apparently not.)
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

Post by Rvakilla Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:52 pm

No offense but that healer sucked, there were an number of encounters when Relina was about to die and he could have thrown a heal, he had enough mana i knew that for a fact, but decided not too. I mean if I was a healer and I saw for even a second that the other healer was in trouble i would heal them.
Rvakilla
Rvakilla

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianil Tue Oct 09, 2007 1:31 am

I noticed that as well. I was wondering if the guy was healing at all, because it didn't look that way on my screen. I had the broken armor to prove it, owie... He was just standing there at times during Moroes.
Ianil
Ianil

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Karazhan 10/7 Empty Kara 10.14 run

Post by Ezmac Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:01 pm

Veloce is back...so there is some more dps. I think we will be fine if we all get our mics set up correctly and call out the garrottes for the healers. That is all.

Oh...what time is the run?
Ezmac
Ezmac

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Tue Oct 09, 2007 2:09 pm

Sweet Veloce is back...
Would Veloce be willing to heal?...

Waiting for Karsis' schedule to see when we're gonna do it. If he can do 2 server thats when we'll do it. Otherwise its subject to change.

I'm assuming Veloce can do Sunday.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:39 pm

Veloce is healing and the time is set to 2 server. If Qwik gets his internet back before Sunday, we'd have a full guild run. Otherwise, Astu is gonna let me know at the end of the week if he can come or not.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Karazhan 10/7 Empty lineup?

Post by Ezmac Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:29 pm

Is Pulp coming?

So the lineup is this:

Ez
Chev
Ianil
Relina(Karsis)
Veloce
Graz(bear?)
hawktran
rvakilla
Wild

and Qwik/pulp/pug? (or Norelco if we can level him and tune him up...)
Ezmac
Ezmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:43 pm

Pulp is unavailable this Sunday.

Lineup- Yes, atm.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by hawktranny Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:09 pm

Doubt we can get Norelco key'd by Sunday. I'll pressure him to at least get on the forums. Hey Ez - I totally dig the avatar. Did you take that picture of your ninja doll or is that pic from some other source?
hawktranny
hawktranny

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Back to top Go down

Karazhan 10/7 Empty ninja pic

Post by Ezmac Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:04 pm

googled ninja and that pic popped up. nice. still looking for the perfect picture of macaroni and cheese.
Ezmac
Ezmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:09 pm

My question is, how good are your Photoshop skills, Ezmac? Wink

Karazhan 10/7 Ezmac
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

Post by hawktranny Sat Oct 13, 2007 12:46 pm

Rel - love the photoshopping. Perhaps the picture should have a different slogan: "Even ninjas need nutrition."
hawktranny
hawktranny

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:35 pm

That'll be easy enough to change. (And it's more something I threw together to be silly. I did a search for 'EZ Mac' and came up with...nothing food related!)
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

Karazhan 10/7 Empty dig it

Post by Ezmac Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:00 pm

I like it.
Ezmac
Ezmac

Back to top Go down

Karazhan 10/7 Empty Graz can't come out and play.

Post by Grazny Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:17 pm

Aaaarrrggghhh! I can't make raid time tomorrow!

Sorry everyone. When your Pops calls in a marker, you have to step up. Gotta give him a hand and tomorrow is the last day. :*(

G
Grazny
Grazny

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Sat Oct 13, 2007 9:34 pm

Alright Graz

About Kara we can still do it with one tank I just gotta remember to keep up sacrifice on say ezmac as an offtank and just gotta take one hit before hes (moroes) is back on me.
I havent heard from Astu but ill give him a call tomorrow. This leaves one open spot.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grazny Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:09 pm

Grazny
Grazny

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Sun Oct 14, 2007 12:10 am

The sad thing is, much as I like macaroni and cheese, I always have roommates who make it to survive, then they leave the pan and remains sitting out to form a hard cheesy substance. ...it's not very appetizing... (Would it kill people to toss some veggies in there? Maybe some chili...)

Argh, the things I do to stay sane without WoW... No Have a good run tomorrow, guys!
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down