Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Karazhan 9/30

+2
Rvakilla
Chev
6 posters

Go down

Karazhan 9/30 Empty Karazhan 9/30

Post by Chev Sun Sep 30, 2007 6:52 pm

The night of our first run into Karazhan...
It took us 3 attempts to get through the trash in time and down attumen, but the third time was very easy.
The loot that was dropped:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28502- Vambraces of Courage went to Chevalier
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28510-Spectral Band of Innervation went to Hawktranni

A trash mob dropped:
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30668-Grasp of the Dead, it was DE'd into a void crystal. No frost mages.

We farmed some rep in the animal room but unfortunately not quick enough to face boss and got repops, but it was good rep.

People are getting closer to honored, so next week if we down Attumen fast enough we will try Moroes (should be close to honored by then, repair vendor will just make everything much easier)

You guys can get your violet signets http://www.wowhead.com/?faction=967 outside Kara. I'd recommend going at a time ppl dont raid.

Lineup:
Chevalier
Pulpable
Hawktranni
Ianil
Wildellia
Rvakilla
Grazny
Relina (Karsis)
Astu-special guest
Lovecookies-pug, stayed through attumen

Comments about the raid, please!

Last edited by on Wed Oct 03, 2007 2:32 pm; edited 3 times in total

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

Karazhan 9/30 Empty Re: Karazhan 9/30

Post by Rvakilla Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:27 pm

All in all, even though we didn't down prince (i kid i kid), we did pretty good. I mean its like I mentioned earlier; a guild such as Legends of Azeroth who has people that are always active and play with each other everyday cant even get though the first boss. But we a guild that did karazhan for the first time, with two healers, and two pugs did pretty well. The only problems i saw really, were one we need to get more organized, two get used to each others styles, and three we cant keep pugging we need to go with people that we know are going to be there and that we know how they play. I think we all understand though that all those things take time, and we will get better the more times we raid and run instances. But in my opinion we did excellent keep up the good work, and one day we will a second raid group to worry about.
Rvakilla
Rvakilla

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Pulpable Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:58 pm

I agree with the organization comment. Eating, drinking, rebuffing took a lot of time between mobs.

The run was good though. I thought there was good communication on requests for tanking or healing assistance.

We could probably get a better method to focus dps, too. There were a couple times when all hell broke loose, and it would have been good to get people concentrated on the mobs that were close to death (people may have been doing that already, so gj if you were)
Pulpable
Pulpable

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Karsis Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:39 pm

Sorry Chevey-boy something decided not to play nice in WoW when you asked me about Sunday. It seems I have an open ticket for so I can start when you guys do.

My work schedule for the week of 10/7-10/13 is...
Sun: Off
Mon: 1pm-10pm
Tue: 1pm-10pm
Wed: Off
Thur: 9am-5:30pm
Fri: 1pm-10pm
Sat: 9am-5:30pm

I hope this helps with orginizing things!
Karsis
Karsis

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by hawktranny Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:14 pm

Hard to say whether things went well or not - I don't have enough experience to compare. I know I made more corpse runs than I was anticipating. I agree with the organizational comments above, and it could require a simple fix like assigning an order with the marks. Conceptually, I see the main tank on the dps target, and holding a secondary target, with the off tank on one or two final targets. The OT would be on the same one or two guys for the bulk of any pull while the MT moves from target to target as they get dps'd down. The critical piece is communication obviously. I think on a couple of instances, particularly where we were trying to CC with traps, the traps broke and our healers got aggro (leading to wipes). So an additional suggestion, at least for that beginning part, is to have the traps set far from the action, and the healers a little closer to the tanks, with the hunters between the healers and the frozen mob so they'll know when it pops.

Overall I think our healers and tanks did a pretty darn good job, especially considering Grazny's unfamiliarity with healing and Karsis' unfamililarity with Relina's toon. And I was totally stoked when midnight and his rider bit the dust! So, can we do better? Yes! Did we do poorly? No! Do we want to do it again? I sure as hell hope so; I had fun.
hawktranny
hawktranny

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-04-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:47 pm

Most important rule when running an instance/raid: Listen to Chevalier. Nine times out of ten he knows what he's doing, and even in that one chance he doesn't, he usually has more experience. (If he doesn't, there's no shame in looking online for strategies that work, or to at least get an idea what to expect.) I still think we need T-shirts. Very Happy

Regardless, I'm still proud of everyone! Just don't forget me while I'm trapped outside the game. silent
Relina
Relina

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down