Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

General Situation

+8
Chev
Ianil
Ezmac
Hawkstrike
Pulpable
Karsis
Relina
Grazny
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

General Situation Empty General Situation

Post by Grazny Tue Feb 05, 2008 2:19 pm

Haven't been on here for a long time, so I thought I'd drop by just to put in my 2c.

I believe the guild is larger now than ever, although I'm afraid we've lost a few 70s over the last few weeks. I owe this primarily to our shift toward more PvP, and I owe the shift toward PvP to the fact that it takes less time and organization to progress than PvE.

Considering that many of our top 70s have just started new jobs and are struggling to prove their value to their new bosses, it's not surprising that many would be forced to shift to a schedule of several 20-30 min battlegrounds/arenas per week as opposed to 3-5 hour blocks of instancing/raiding.

However, I still entertain dreams of putting together another shot at Kara someday. I'm sure with the gear many of us have picked up since our last tries this summer, we could enjoy greater success.

At this point, I'll just say that Kara enters my thoughts often. Currently, I'll be focusing on helping my wife, Dendroidia, level her boomkin, but foresee a great deal more opportunity for serious PvE once she reaches 70. My sister, Rackette (70 hunter), has also expressed interest in raiding, so once we get the two of them keyed, I'm thinking the three of us will be ready to put some serious time/thought/effort into taking that place on.

Anyone else still interested in Kara? If so, please respond so we can start putting together a skeleton roster.

Graz
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

General Situation Empty Re: General Situation

Post by Relina Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:18 pm

Uh oh, who did we lose now? I'm not very excited about PvP myself, but I do admit is it easier to accomplish when time is limited. Hopefully by spring things will have settled down some for the new hires, so there can be more PvE.

That said...I want to go to Karazhan! I won't be home until April (12th), but I am already keyed, and could easily respec back to Holy and already be geared to go. (I'd need more work to get to being a worthy tank for Karazhan, gear-wise.) It would be good to get as many people keyed as possible, so that we have more people who are able to go, in case we need to substitute players or the like.
Relina
Relina

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guidedna Thu Feb 07, 2008 7:28 am

Well I'm back and been grinding away my levels I hope to be 70 ASAP and get key'd myself and be able to be a healer from raiding =o

Guidedna

Back to top Go down

Post by Karsis Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:44 pm

I'm still around by I don't have much free time >_< But if you guys need a holy priest for anything give me a hollar my IM is Magical Kurty. I miss healing so, so much.
Karsis
Karsis

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

Post by Pulpable Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:17 pm

I'm down for some kara action; unfortunately, my availability may become kinda limited this summer.

Also, when we're getting people keyed, we should use that time to get them geared also. Nothing worse than going in there and realizing you're woefully underprepared because of the blitz to get the key. That said, I'll tank any instances people need if I'm on and have the time.
Pulpable
Pulpable

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

General Situation Empty Karazan

Post by Grazny Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:42 pm

Thanks for the general positive responses for kara.

We need 10. This is a brief sketch of what seems an obvious roster at the moment.

Main Tank: Pulpable (War)
Off Tank: Graz/Quark (Druid/War)

Healer 1: Karsis (Priest)
Healer 2: Norelco (Druid)

DPS: Qwikzotic (War)
DPS/CC: Ezmac (Rogue)
DPS: Veloce (Druid)
DPS/CC: Hawktranni (Mage)
DPS/CC: Rackette (Hunter)*
DPS: Dendroidia (Druid)*

Alternates (raiding status uncertain): Relina (Pally)
Ianil (Mage)
Chev (Priest)
Wildellia (Lock)

* Not yet keyed/geared

Please understand that this is based purely on who seems most likely in a situation to raid, based on guild activity over the last few weeks. It is in NO WAY a complete list, nor is it set in stone. It's also biased toward the players I've played with lately (including family members), which may not be fair.

If you don't see your name, or if you think someone else should be on the list, please say so. Alternatively, if you are not interested in Kara, or are unavailable, please say so so we can figure out something else. This roster will likely change before we go in; I just want to get something down on paper so we can all have the same group in mind.

Possible alternative option:

1. Switch Graz to heals and Qwik to OT if we need heals. Or maybe Qwik would make a better OT alltogether? Seems to me he's more valuable smashing skulls with that Bonegrinder than gimped with a board and sword.

Any other ideas?

I think most of the folks on that list are pretty well geared, aside from Rack and Den (although Rack is on her way up). Den, Rack, Pulp, and I have been instancing nearly every night with the help of Ez, Qwik, and Karsis. Den should be 70 by the end of this weekend. A few runs later for gear/keys and we have our group.

I'm thinking not this weekend, probably not next weekend, but perhaps the weekend after that? Maybe the 1st or 2nd weekend in March?

Think about it...
Grazny
Grazny

Back to top Go down

General Situation Empty Re: Karazhan

Post by Hawkstrike Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:11 pm

I'd be up for Kara too; im not well geared or keyed (need CoT) but that can change soon.
Hawkstrike
Hawkstrike

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2007-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezmac Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:19 pm

I'll Kara raid. But we need to schedule and make appointment times.
Ezmac
Ezmac

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianil Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:06 pm

It all depends on the day and whether or not I'm working. Right now, I have been getting Sundays off, but that could very well change on the next schedule. I've been extremely busy with the SCA, but that's slowing down some now that Estrella is finished. I'd love to do Kara. I'm keyed, geared, and have done parts of it before.

- Ianil
Ianil
Ianil

Number of posts : 93

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:07 pm

How many healers do they recommend for Karazhan, anyway? I know we have plenty of tanks around (if not after a short respec), so come April, if you need more healers I can easily respec to holy again - or finish getting the druid to 70 so she can be a healer. (She's 54 at the moment.)

Ugh, eight weeks to go...

If you all do run a few attempts or actual raids, be sure to post how things went. I'm curious. (And yes, I am totally dying not being able to access the game!)
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

General Situation Empty Threatmeter and more DPS

Post by Ezmac Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:27 pm

Although we do seem to have tanks, I'm still nervous that none of them are Chev. I don't know if everyone realizes how important he was to our DPS. He commanded so much aggro that our DPS could ignore threat to a great degree. Without Chev, DPS will have to keep a very close eye on threat or we risk either pulling targets from the mele spot or leather mele going down fast as our targets switch from tank to DPS'ers.

To that point, can someone please link the latest threatmeter download site?

Also, Stormchaser is also interested in KARA. Not sure if he's keyed, but he's geared and full PVE. Another mele dps'er and CC will certainly help manage pulls.

Also, we have Qaadr's account if we want to use him in KARA (if someone is proficient at paladin). Qaadr is fully geared with KARA drops and has healed through KARA before. I may also be able to talk Hozefa into "driving" Qaadr in a KARA run if we can schedule a time and stick to our schedule.

I'm available after March 1st. Let's do this.
Ezmac
Ezmac

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:41 pm

Chev was one of the best tanks I ran with, it's true. There are some benefits to being a paladin tank, and after I respecced prot I understood why he preferred being the one to pull aggro. (So much easier to keep aggro after things such as sheeping wear off.) I was working to get more tanking gear, but I only got about halfway there. In any case, I can't access the game until April, but technically someone could 'drive' Relina as well if she's needed. (I do still have all of her healing gear should she be needed to play healer again. My account is open up until a week before I get home.)

Anyway, as for threat meters, we used KTM way back when, but it caused my game a lot of problems, so I came across Omen. Even Chev himself admitted it was the better of the two. If there's a better meter out there now, I'd love to know of it. For now, Omen is available here: http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/9101/
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:56 pm

1. Switch Graz to heals and Qwik to OT if we need heals. Or maybe Qwik would make a better OT alltogether? Seems to me he's more valuable smashing skulls with that Bonegrinder than gimped with a board and sword.

You only really need an offtank during Moroes, and a few trash pulls before Opera, and trash before Curator (and for Attumen)...and I think that's really it. So yah Qwik could work as an offtank but he'd be using his bonegrinder most of the time. A feral Druid works just as well though.
Rel, 2-3 healers is the usual for Kara or any 10-man.
As for my priest, i don't have much interest in playing him atm but I could stay shadow or go holy if somebody pays me (i dont think he has any gold) My availability is kinda crappy thanks to raiding 3 days a wk, but I could always skip one here or there.

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianil Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:52 pm

Make sure all the DPS folks have a threatmeter. I still have the last one we picked up to use - name escapes me at the moment though. That made a huge difference for me regarding things. I can also retweak my own spec and go back to deep fire to really pump out the DPS. My current spec is also good for that, but I like playing around with combos at times.
Ianil
Ianil

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:18 pm

Tanks
Pulpable
Grazny

Backup Tank
Qwikzotik (offtank only, no respec needed)

DPS
Hawktranni
Darthmage
Ianil
Ezmac
Stormchasser
Qwikzotik
Rackette
Nytravyn
Hawkstrike
Dendrodia
Shaya
Cheve

Healers
Karsis
Azurial

Backup Healers:
Someone logging on Relina OR Qaadr
Third option respec Cheve as Holy

Minimum 2 Tanks, 2 Healers for Kara

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Situation Empty Kara run, thus Sunday, Mar 9, 8pm server

Post by Grazny Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:24 pm

OK, this may be the last weekend for a while that Pulp will be available to tank, so I thought we could try to put together a run. Unfortunately, he is not available until Sunday at 8pm. Sorry in advance for those of you who can't make it at that time, but if you're really upset, use that energy to level a tank!

Let's try this: If you are interested, copy the roster below into a new reply and add your name to the appropriate slot. For lack of a better system, we'll go with a "first come, first serve", i.e. those with their names on the list first will have first dibs for now.

That said, vetrans of the guild shouldn't get bumped out just because they were a few hours late to the list. So, for those of you new to the guild, go ahead and put your name down and we'll make every reasonable effort to get you in. As long as someone who's been in the guild for a long time (like, before BC) doesn't pull rank on you, you'll probably be just fine.

____KARA ROSTER____

TANKS (2):
Pulpable
Grazny

HEALS (2):

DPS:
Ezmac
Rackette

In the interest of respecing one another's time outside of WoW, let's please make a commitiment to be READY TO GO AT 8PM. That means, repaired with potions purchased, reagents in hands, and bag space cleared at raidtime. So, plan on logging on a few minutes early to prepare. Ideally, everyone will be standing at the meetingstone at raidtime, or at least ready for a summon. This will allow for maximum playing time for all with a minumum of waiting (and minimum damage to our social lives). Thanks in advance.
Grazny
Grazny

Back to top Go down

General Situation Empty Me too please!

Post by Dendroidia Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:34 pm

If there's room, I'd like to go!

____KARA ROSTER____

TANKS (2):
Pulpable
Grazny

HEALS (2):

DPS:
Ezmac
Rackette
Dendroidia

In the interest of respecing one another's time outside of WoW, let's please make a commitiment to be READY TO GO AT 8PM. That means, repaired with potions purchased, reagents in hands, and bag space cleared at raidtime. So, plan on logging on a few minutes early to prepare. Ideally, everyone will be standing at the meetingstone at raidtime, or at least ready for a summon. This will allow for maximum playing time for all with a minumum of waiting (and minimum damage to our social lives). Thanks in advance.

Dendroidia

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

General Situation Empty I'm in.

Post by Atherial Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:15 pm

I'll go. I probably won't be needed as a dps, but if I am, I could fill that slot instead with ath or eth.
Also, I've got a max alchemist, so if anyone needs potions and has mats, I can make any of the non-'discovered' recipes.

____KARA ROSTER____

TANKS (2):
Pulpable
Grazny

HEALS (2):
Azurial

DPS:
Ezmac
Rackette
Dendroidia

Atherial

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Fri Mar 07, 2008 1:56 pm

Screw hyjai

____KARA ROSTER____

TANKS (2):
Pulpable
Grazny

HEALS (2):
Azurial

DPS:
Ezmac
Rackette
Dendroidia
Cheve

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grazny Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:40 pm

sweet! Welcome back Chev!

Thanks for the offer to DPS, Eth. We should definitely keep that in mind, although I'm almost certain we'll need ur heals.

keep em comin'!
Grazny
Grazny

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Fri Mar 07, 2008 4:35 pm

I need to do BM though to get key... Sad
I couldn't find a grp for it all afternoon

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

General Situation Empty karazan

Post by seth Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:20 pm

hello this is stormchasser, and im deffinantly down for the kara run on sunday at 8pm. i will be their and if you can use me then great, if not i hope you die! lol JK i love you who ever im talking too, lol

by Chev Today at 11:56 am

Screw hyjai

____KARA ROSTER____

TANKS (2):
Pulpable
Grazny

HEALS (2):
Azurial

DPS:
Ezmac
Rackette
Dendroidia
Cheve
stormchasser
seth
seth

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Rvakilla Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:34 pm

I'm definitely in, last time we did this was fun as hell. Cant wait too see what happens this time.
Rvakilla
Rvakilla

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2007-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianil Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:41 am

Sorry, I can't make it. I really want to go, but unfortunately I have a little inference called my job and they frown on me raiding while at work. Wink

- Ianil
Ianil
Ianil

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:20 am

____KARA ROSTER____

TANKS (2):
Pulpable
Grazny