Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

General Situation

+8
Chev
Ianil
Ezmac
Hawkstrike
Pulpable
Karsis
Relina
Grazny
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

General Situation - Page 2 Empty kara

Post by Chev Sat Mar 08, 2008 12:29 pm

did bm so i am now keyed

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

General Situation - Page 2 Empty Re: General Situation

Post by Grazny Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:13 pm

Sweet! That's 10 for Kara. Looking foward to seeing you all there.

If RL rears its UGLY head and you can't make it, please leave us a message here, or ingame so we can arrange an alternate. Nothing worse than realizing at the stone that we're short a full team.

And if your name's not on the list, don't give up hope. Log in before/at raidtime because we may need alternates.

can't wait...
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:11 pm

Sadly, RL has reared its ugly head for me...I won't be able to make it. I am going to be in New Haven, CT for St. Patrick's day, and its not likely that I will be back at raidtime. No

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:31 pm

I poked Karsis, who will hopefully make his presence known on here, and he should be available to go. If you want his priest, he's not keyed. *hint* Get him keyed *hint* I gave him permission to respec Relina if a healer is needed, unless Qaadr's paladin is available? (What is with all of these 'soulless' paladins just sitting around waiting to be played, anyway?)

In any case, I'm doing what I can in the background to make sure you all can raid tomorrow. I wish I could be there! Good luck tomorrow. Surprised
Relina
Relina

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Dendroidia Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:11 am

American Heritage Dictionary
de·ba·cle (dĭ-bä'kəl, -bāk'əl, děb'ə-kəl) n. : 1) A sudden, disastrous collapse, downfall, or defeat; a rout. 2) A total, often ludicrous failure.

It was.

Lessons learned:

1) Our first wipe was caused by a sneaky horse that attacked our squishies from behind just as we pulled Midnight. We must make sure to clear everything from the last room before pulling the first boss. Up to this point things were fairly smooth, although there were a couple deaths.

2) We must move faster through the trash to the first boss to avoid respawns. We might be able to continue from 1 wipe if we are quick, but it looks like we might only get 2 trys at the boss before the respawns overtake us.

3) If we find respawns in the first hallway after a corpse run, we need to reset the instance. At least two wipes, perhaps a third, was caused by spawns popping up and immediately attacking our squishies (and once from a stupid tree druid who apparently felt he could tank the last room by himself).

4) We need another solid healer, or another solid tank. Between Graz, Quark, and Gilds, I can cover either one of those slots, although our present situation necessitates I tank (which I prefer). A priest healer (Gilds, if necessary/possible) would be ideal, but we seem to have a dearth of those in the guild. While it will be nice to have Fantasi keyed and geared, it will pretty much leave us in the situation we are now considering Azurial fills the critical main healing role. With a solid priest, or even another solid tank, I am confident our performance would have been much better. In essence, we need another reliable player to tank or heal.

On the bright side:

1) That was the first time in Kara for Dendroidia, Rackette, and Stormchasser. Combined with having to PUG for 2 more, part of our failure could be chalked up to lack of experience working together. Next time we won't have this problem (hopefully)

2) Dendroidia picked up a nice upgrade purple ring and someone received a DE'd voidcrystal.

3) It was still fun.

Pulp's absence won't help us put together another raid for the next couple of weeks. If anyone has any ideas for a substitue main tank, let's hear it!

Dendroidia

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

General Situation - Page 2 Empty me

Post by Veloce Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:25 am

Sorry I couldn't make it last night; I was in a different borough than my computer.
As for healing contribution, we shoudl remember that we have a heal-specced paladin at our disposal (Qaadr) even if he is pvp heal specced.
Also, when Dator hits 70 (which he's in the process of doing) I may be amenable to switching Veloce back to Resto. Although he hasn't been used in that capacity in a while, he has a healing kit of +1000 heals with very nice mana/5.

-Jon

Veloce

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Mon Mar 10, 2008 3:17 pm

Just one month and a day and you'll have a tank/healer at your disposal. I've not yet had the honor to run through Karazhan, but I have had plenty of experience in other instances. How'd you like a healer wearing plate, so she can take more punishment than the other healing classes? Very Happy

Worst case scenario, I'll keep the paladin as prot, and finish leveling the druid (currently 54) to 70 and keep her as resto so we can have some variety.
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

General Situation - Page 2 Empty Heroics in the meantime

Post by Ezmac Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:18 am

I spent some cash respeccing and resocketing. I suggest we run some heroics while a few of us are specialized for raiding to practice and get better geared. We need more gear/practice as a group, IMO.

I can run tonight around 7 server if folks can join.
Ezmac
Ezmac

Number of posts : 254
Registration date : 2007-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Karsis Wed Mar 12, 2008 9:52 pm

Sorry guys my internet decided to go bye-bye this past Sunday. Though I'll try to do the instances I need for the key tomorrow night and Friday so I can hopefully make an appearance Sunday night. (Assuming my ABO tutoring session doesn't take forever and a day.)

And at present, gearwise Karsis is sitting pretty for starting out Kara, even with my not so great gear I have +1200 healing (With my spirit buff.) and fairly good mana regen but there is still room for improvement so I'm looking forward to getting some professor plumbs. ^_^
Karsis
Karsis

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

General Situation - Page 2 Empty study

Post by Ezmac Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:14 pm

Ezmac
Ezmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:54 am

My goodness, but that just makes me drool... So many undead! That place sounds like a paladin's dream! Do we know specifics on how long Pulpable will be unavailable, or if no other tanking classes will fill his spot in the meantime? I think I'd definitely have great fun off-tanking there at least (what with all the undead and such), but as prot my mana pool would be much less than it was as holy. The trade-off is health over damage dealt, I guess.

In any case, just under four weeks to go, but I am dying to see Karazhan! I'd be all for running heroics if people need it. I agree with Ezmac that the guild needs to gain experience working together. A lot of us did way back in the day, but the players and the instances have changed a bit. It couldn't hurt to become a more cohesive whole, and in fact will save us a ton of grief (not to mention wipes) in the long run.

For now, I'm going to keep staring at the calendar as I get ready for finals, waiting for April 11th to be here. *sigh*
Relina
Relina

Back to top Go down

General Situation - Page 2 Empty Tanks in Kara

Post by Ezmac Fri Mar 14, 2008 12:22 pm

Pally Tanks in Kara are the awesome. We could respec Qaadr as tank, but he has not gear for it, so I say not worth it. Graz and Pulp remain our top tanks and if tanking together should be able to handle everything thrown at them provided our DPS gives them time to agro and our healers are lickity-split. Also, a hunter would help tremendously with re-direct on the Huntsman. RVA will help with that.

The issue, as I see it, is heals. We have Qaadr and Karsis, and Veloce said he may be amendable to going full heals after Dator levels. Personally, I would pay for the one time respeccing of Veloce--his gear and just gaming experience could give us a healer at least on par with Karsis. With those three, we should have heals covered and that should make up for light DPS--which we are right now.

Respeccing is not that expensive--two daily runs max.

That said, until Pulp or Rel gets back, we need another Tank. MT-type, really. Qwik could respec, but then we lose Qaadr driver.
Ezmac
Ezmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Karsis Sat Mar 15, 2008 6:15 am

Hey guys it seems as if other people have plans for me this weekend so I wasn't able to get on and get keyed up. Ironically enough it seems like I'll only be free Sunday evening so I'll at least try to jump on just to work on my key quest. I sooo need a vacation. *bellys up*
Karsis
Karsis

Number of posts : 44

Back to top Go down

General Situation - Page 2 Empty WoW times

Post by Rack Tue Apr 15, 2008 2:16 pm

I'm good just about any day after say...ummm...maybe 2p, server time. I'm espeically good at night, but I think that's a different topic....

Rack

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2007-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum