Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

(GO HERE) Raiding Times that are right for everyone.

5 posters

Go down

(GO HERE) Raiding Times that are right for everyone. Empty (GO HERE) Raiding Times that are right for everyone.

Post by Chev Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:00 pm

I definitely jumped the gun on setting the raid time before. I liked the idea of raiding during a weekend morning, and the majority of people checking the forums agreed. Unfortunately, we don't have everyone checking the forums.

We've already established in the past that everyone in the guild wants to raid. We need to make the time a good one though, and I have an idea for making this happen.
First off we really need people to be checking these forums. Please direct your guildmates to this thread, I locked some old threads on this topic to reduce confusion.

possible raidtimes:
Sunday (8 am)
Sunday (3,4,5,or 530 pm)
Monday (3,4,5 or 530 pm)
Tuesday (3,4 5 or 530 pm)
Wednesday (3,4,5 or 530 pm)
Thursday (3,4,5 or 530 pm)
Saturday (8 am)

Please list:
1. The top 3 times you prefer
2. The times you cannot do
3. The bottom 3 times you would not prefer
4. Anything else that may interfere with you being able to raid consistently.

Last edited by Chev on Wed May 07, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 3 times in total

Chev
Admin

Number of posts : 529
Registration date : 2007-04-17

Back to top Go down

(GO HERE) Raiding Times that are right for everyone. Empty Re: (GO HERE) Raiding Times that are right for everyone.

Post by Ianil Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:47 pm

Top three times I would prefer:
1. Wednesday (3,4,5 or 530 pm)
2. Saturday (8 am)
3. Sunday (8 am)

2. and 3. This is lumped together into one. Really, the other times have a huge problem if you live on the West Coast and have a job - you're not getting off at 5 or 5:30. Even when I was doing so, I was doing really good to get home by 6 p.m. for a 6:30 raid. It's not going to be as easy for the East Coast folks, but all of these times listed are really good times if you happen to live where you are, Chev. Unfortunately, they're near impossible if you live on the West Coast if you:

1) Have any sort of night job.
2) Choose to attend church on Sunday mornings.
3) Work a typical 8-5 or 9-6 job where some form of commuting is involved. Tuesdays and Wednesdays, for example, I actually work normal hours. That has me leaving the office sometime around 5 p.m. Add in a commute and I get home around 5:30, right when the raid would be starting. That doesn't give a player enough time to eat, change clothes and doesn't even compensate for traffic, spending time with family, etc. And what if you don't work, but you're a student? You still have classes, studying, part- or full-time jobs - even during the summer.

I think that in order for the raiding to work, we have got to find a middle ground here. Have the East Coast give up a bit of their convenience and have the West Coast sacrifice some of their time in order for this to work.

So based off of a compromise, this is what I suggest:

Sunday: 8:30 or 9 a.m.
Sunday: 3, 4, 5 or 5:30 p.m.
Monday: 6 or 6:30 p.m.
Tuesday: 6 or 6:30 p.m.
Wednesday: 6 or 6:30 p.m.
Thursday: 6 or 6:30 p.m.
Friday: 6 or 6:30 p.m.
Saturday: 8:30 or 9 a.m.
Saturday: 3, 4, 5 or 5:30 p.m.
Ianil
Ianil

Number of posts : 93
Registration date : 2007-04-19

Back to top Go down

(GO HERE) Raiding Times that are right for everyone. Empty Re: (GO HERE) Raiding Times that are right for everyone.

Post by Chev Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:25 pm

830 is pretty darn late to be starting on the east coast. I think that is enough of a compromise.
Judging by your post there are many times that would work for you, all the sunday raids, and the sat. morning raid.
Just asking for the top 3 times and your bottom 3 times and when you cannot raid.

Example:
Top 3
1. Sunday 530 server
2. Saturday 8 am
3. Sunday 3 Server

Bottom 3
1. wed 5 server
2. tues 4 server
3. mon 3 server

can't raid at 530 weekdays too late.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianil Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:54 pm

*grins* Really, the long explanation really falls under the category of #4. Actually, Sunday afternoons aren't that good for me unless I'm not working. I was just throwing that up there as a good time for other folks. The times I put up there aren't times I can attend, it's just times that I felt were a bit better suited to those on the West Coast. Again, while 8:30 is late to you, to someone who has a normal 8-5 job in California it would be near impossible to get home on time to raid. Unfortunately, Dethecus is a West Coast server and I think a fair bit of us are on Pacific time (or part of the year. I wished Arizona honored Daylight Saving Time.)

Personally, right now, I can only really commit to the Saturday and Sunday morning raid times and Wednesday evenings unless I'm working a double shift. I put the other times up as a suggestion more than anything.
Ianil
Ianil

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:18 pm

Bottom line is if nobody cares enough to come to these forums none of this really matters.
I don't want to come over if that is the case. I'd rather explore the server that I am on since it is est and I got a RL friend still there.
Alot of money would be wasted transferring me and a friend (he followed me over to arthas so I would feel guilty) and another bundle on vent.
Still got alot of time though. It's been half a month. Another month before I can start playing again. (ugh two more weeks of college to go...)

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianil Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:55 am

Don't worry, you'll make it through college. *patpat* If you don't want to shoulder the cost of Vent, I'm happy to toss it onto my credit card. It's not that much and you're just graduating.
Ianil
Ianil

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:29 am

*Purrs at Ianil*
(GO HERE) Raiding Times that are right for everyone. Cat-mouth-full

I won't take more than $10 though or it could be considered a bribe.

So you can tell i'm a little stressed.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:04 pm

Would 6 server be ok Ianil?

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ianil Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:39 pm

Yeah, that's a really good compromise, Chev. Smile

As for Vent, no it's not a bribe. I've just been there. College graduation is like standing at the edge of the cliff and seeing nothing but darkness stretching on for miles and miles, then you fling yourself off. Fortunately, though, you manage to land on your feet!
Ianil
Ianil

Back to top Go down

Post by Grazny Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:03 pm

Dendroidia and I are pretty flexible on raiding times atm. We can work around pretty much any reasonable time we decide on.

That said, I'm totally game for Sat/Sun mornings. Less liklihood of those times conflicting with other weekend stuff that usually happens in afternoon/evening.

Unfortunately, this is only a short-term projection. Chances are good that this will change in the next month or so when/if we move across the country and begin new jobs. If that does happen, I'll be sure to post our new schedule. Once again, Sat/Sun mornings will probably work best.
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:38 pm

Ok, that's cool Graz.
I'm starting to realize that's how it is, I think I will need to slap myself around a bit when I realize I am not returning to school in the fall...

Thanks for posting. Hopefully we can get more people so we can settle the time and move on to other topics! Continue to check-in!
Please talk to your sister Graz, she said earlier that she would not be able to do anything earlier than 2 server. Rackette definitely deserves to be a part of the raids, as is everyone, but she really improved her gear over the last 2 weeks. I don't wanna have to leave her out.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pulpable Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:38 pm

As things stand now, I should be good for Sat/Sun mornings...although, I'll be on the West Coast this summer, so I won't get the extra 2 hours of sleep. But it'll be worth it.
Pulpable
Pulpable

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-09-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Relina Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:29 pm

1. Sunday (8 a.m.)
Saturday (8 a.m.)
Thursday (any time)

2. For sure: Wednesday (we would have to be done by 5:30 p.m., which I doubt would work)
Saturday (not sure on time yet, but I'll most likely be gone from 4 p.m. onward)

3. Up until August 17th, my schedule is fairly wide open. After that, I won't know what the new schedule is until I'm in Florida getting my new schedule (which I have a feeling will change weekly)

4. At this point, the only thing that might hold me back is the internet going on vacation, but stormy weather doesn't usually come until November, so I should be safe. Wink
Relina
Relina

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by Grazny Sat May 03, 2008 6:09 pm

I will have a chat with Rackette. However, as much as I love my sister, I must say that her "unavailiability" before 2pm is highly suspect. I have a feeling that we could convince her to get her lump out of bed earlier if she thought she was missing out on fab loot.

On the other hand, she is in AK, and is 1 or two hours earlier than the server. That is, 2pm server is either 12 or 1pm (not sure which zone Ankorage is in) her time.

I still think she can climb out of the fart-sack at 6am on a weekend if the rest of us are on and ready to go =)

I will begin applying pressure....
Grazny
Grazny

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-08-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Chev Wed May 07, 2008 3:49 pm

It's been three weeks, and the time has been decided. If you don't like the time, i'm sorry but you were given ample time to come and post.

Chev
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down